Welcome

I am a woman of many thoughts. I have several blogs but this will cover a little bit of everything. Please be open minded when you enter my domain and be sure to input your thoughts and ideas, even if you don't agree. If we all agreed on everything, life would be pretty boring, wouldn't it?

Sunday, February 8, 2009

So....

Great News People!


I got up the courage to visit a barber shop and sell my shea butter the other day. Turned out pretty good. Since I've popped my barber shop cherry,I'm not so nervous about going there to sell it anymore. I can now expand my horizon.

Funny incident:

So, I don't have labels for the product yet. I know. I know. I've got good reasons though. What? You say excuses are for assholes? Or makes an ass.. of whatever it is? I'm sorry, I'll do better, next time, I promise! Anyway, I'm telling this guy about the product and he was like: "what's in it?" so.. .I tell him the ingredients. He's like " Well, I don't want to say I don't trust you or anything but you don't have a label so I don't know what's in it. I know these lotions I use are probably not good for me but I feel like if I get it from the government, it's at least safe..."


WTF?

Number 1: Just because it has a LABEL, doesn't mean that the product is from the GOVERNMENT.

Number 2: The FDA doesn't give a DAMN about you. Not one. Think about it... its the Food and DRUG administration. Trust me, they don't care. If you don't believe me, think about the millions of people taking unneeded medications out there for things that can be easily corrected by just having a healthy diet and some excersize.


People are just slow sometimes.

Another conversation:

Me: I'm Jessica and I have this shea butter that I whip with other ingredients and its really good for you.
Other person: O... so what is it?
Me: Shea butter that I mix with other ingredients (I name the ingredients I mix the shea butter with)
Other person: you know, you should try to talk to the guy next door, he sells that stuff.
Me: I know, I got the shea butter from him.
Other person: But wait, you just said you made the shea butter.
Me: >:-[



Like.... dude, did you even attempt to listen to what I just said?


Go read a book, maybe it will help to expand your thought process, I don't know.



Moving on.





Our black person of today is Professor Sonia Sanchez.
I absolutely adore this woman. I met her a while back and just being in her presence, learning and talking to her changed my life for the better.

Who is Dr. Sonia Sanchez?
She is a famous poet who was heavily influential in the Black Arts Movement, the Civil Rights Movement and was the first to create a course on black women and literature in the US.

To me she is just an inspiration and a blessing to come across. She made me want to follow my dreams and do what was necessary to suceed. She helped me to become more aware of trying to remain positive. To those of you who know me, I STILL haven't been able to make a week without saying anything negative. She challenged us to go a full week without saying anything negative about anyone else. Someone else said she said to go a full week withough saying anything negative. I've been trying to do the latter for a while now. I can't wait to be able to call her and tell here I made it.


Anywayz, I'm about to hit the sac. Gotta big day tomorrow. I'm gonna do what I have to in order sell 20 containers of Indigo Tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

blog rating